Here are some quick bullet points about the Q2Q Comics Volume 2 Kickstarter as it enters its final days:
- $34K pledged of $15K Goal
- Over 700 Backers already
- Judging by the Vol. 1 campaign we are easily on pace to break $40K (Cryptid Stickers, yay!) and within striking distance of $50K (Glow in the Dark covers, spooooky!)
- Doodle Book Reward cap has been lifted. I’ll draw Sad Wuggles until my arm falls off.
- Last group of Departmental Mystery Boxes goes live 3/22 at noon eastern. Only 25 of them!
- Surveys will be sent through BackerKit in mid April to collect shipping information and reward options.
- Volume 1 and Volume 2 will be available as add-on items through BackerKit
- At least 10% of the people that have already backed this Kickstarter were at USITT last week. Which is bonkers.
- Don’t forget to share the Kickstarter with your friends and co-workers!
You can place your order now, and they’ll be shipped out immediately after the Kickstarter rewards.
I’ll be putting them up in waves, so if we sell out today, check back tomorrow for more.
This is the same hardcover book as the Kickstarter. And you can choose to get it signed if you want!
This week at USITT 2016 in Salt Lake City has been incredible so far!
Lots of folks have been coming up to say hi and introduce themselves, which is a lot of fun. I’ve met a ton of talented artists this year, and got to speak in front of a whole host of people yesterday morning at the Young Designers and Technicians Awards!
Thanks to David, Janet, and Carol from USITT for all of their help and effort this week!
I got to see a physical copy of the book for the first time! And then the USITT bookstore promptly sold out of copies of Q2Q Comics Vol. 1 on Wednesday, which has me flabbergasted. The response this year has been exhilarating.
Tomorrow, that is to say Saturday 3/19, starting at 10am is my first actual book signing! We’ll be outside of the bookstore on the Stage Expo floor. Don’t be fooled by the name “book signing”: I’ll be signing damn near anything placed in front of me. Books, prints, shirts, napkin ground plans, whatever you’ve got! Oh, and taking pictures of us together to make your friends who couldn’t make it super jealous is totally cool, too.
Oh, and we’ll have original comics art for sale, too! (We’re better set up this year to accept both cash and major credit cards, so no worries.)
Any way, hope to see you tomorrow, if you can make it!
It’s the final day, and we just crossed the $35K mark, which means that more Doodled Books are available at the $30 and $50 reward tiers!
Backers, if you missed out on the doodled books earlier, this is your chance to snag one! There won’t be any more available after this.
If you haven’t backed yet, there’s still a few hours left!
Thanks so much to everyone for backing and supporting the campaign! With 14 hours and one stretch goal left, we’re in the final push now!